Norgen’s Urine RNA Concentration, Preservation and Isolation Kit is an all-in-one solution designed for:
- Rapid and simple urine concentration;
- Preservation of RNA from concentrated urine samples at ambient temperature;
- Isolation of high quality, inhibitor-free urine RNA within a laboratory setting.
Norgen's Urine RNA Concentration, Preservation and Isolation Kit contains Individual Urine Concentration and Preservation Devices, as well as the required columns and reagents for the subsequent laboratory isolation of the urine RNA from the preserved samples. Each of the Individual Urine Concentration and Preservation Devices consists of 2 key components: (1) a Urine Concentration Tube, and (2) Norgen’s Urine Preservative contained within sealed squeezable ampules.
Briefly, urine samples are collected directly by donors in any urine collection container, and then the urine is transfered into the Urine Concentration Tube up to the indicated fill line. The urine is then mixed by shaking such that the liquid and resin inside the Urine Concentration Tube are in complete resuspension with the urine sample. All the macromolecules present within the urine will bind to the resin in the presence of the specially formulated buffer located within the Urine Concentration Tube. The resuspended resin is then are allowed to settle by gravity to the bottom of the Urine Concentration Tube. When the entire contents of the Urine Concentration Tube are completely precipitated, the urine supernatant is then decanted and removed. The Urine Preservative is then added to the precipitated resin and again the tube is shaken to allow for the Urine Preservative and the resin to become fully mixed and resuspended. If desired the Urine Concentration Tube can now be labelled using the provided ID Label, or alternatively the unique identifier code on the tube can be used for tracking of the sample. The preserved urine sample can now be sent to the lab for RNA isolation and analysis. Shipping accessories are available separately to allow for safe and easy shipping of the preserved urine sample.
Urine RNA that has been concentrated and preserved using the Urine Concentration and Preservation Device is stable for years at room temperature. This kit is ideal for concentrating, preserving, shipping and isolating RNA samples for epidemiological and population studies.
Norgen’s Urine Preservative is an aqueous storage buffer that prevents the growth of Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria and fungi, and also inactivates viruses allowing the resulting non-infectious urine samples to be handled and shipped safely. In addition, the buffer eliminates the need to immediately process or freeze samples and allows the samples to be shipped to centralized testing facilities at ambient temperature. The components of the buffer allow samples to be stored for over 24 months without any detectable RNA degradation.
RNA ISOLATION FROM CONCENTRATED, PRESERVED URINE SAMPLES
Purification is based on spin column chromatography using Norgen's proprietary resin as the separation matrix. Briefly, concentrated and preserved urine samples are lysed using the provided Lysis Solution. The lysed urine samples are then loaded onto a provided Mini Filter Spin Column. Next, the bound urine RNA is washed to remove any remaining proteins or other impurities. Lastly, the purified total urine RNA is eluted into 50-300 µL of the provided RNA Elution Solution.
The kit allows for the removal of highly concentrated salts, metabolic wastes and proteins to allow for the isolation of high quality, concentrated RNA. Preparation time for a single sample is approximately 30 minutes. The purified urine RNA is compatible with most of the molecular biological applications such as PCR, q-PCR and DNA fingerprinting
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
To view our complete list of Urine Collection, Preservation and Isolation Products
- Convenient, all-in-one kit - Urine sample concentration, preservation and RNA isolation all with one convenient, affordable kit
- Samples are non-infectious - The provided Urine Preservative is designed to prevent the growth of Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria and fungi, and also inactivates viruses allowing the resulting non-infectious samples to be handled and shipped safely.
- Shipping accessories also available - Norgen can also provide you with the necessary accessories to allow for safe and convenient shipping of the preserved samples from the individual donors back to the lab for analysis.
- RNA is stable for years at ambient temperature - Urine RNA concentrated and preserved with Norgen's Urine Preservative is stable at room temperature for over 2 years, thereby reducing storage costs associated with fridges and freezers.
- Fast processing - Rapid format allows for the processing of multiple samples in 30 minutes.
- High quality RNA - Removal of highly concentrated salts, metabolic wastes and proteins provides high quality, concentrated RNA to be used in various downstream applications.
- Recovered RNA is suitable for downstream applications - Purified urine RNA is compatible with most molecular biological applications such as gene regulation and functional analysis, including RT-PCR, northern blotting and microarray analysis.
please download our brochure.