The ProteoSpinTM CBED Maxi Kit provides a fast and a simple procedure for concentration, buffer exchange and desalting of protein samples based on spin column chromatography. The ProteoSpin™ CBED Maxi Kit comes with solutions for concentrating and desalting both acidic and basic proteins. Two procedures, one for acidic proteins and another for basic proteins, are described.
The kit employs an innovative separation matrix, which acts as an ion exchanger, and is able to concentrate proteins many fold as well as removes salts. Briefly, pH Binding Buffer is added to the protein sample and the sample is applied to Norgen's column (BIND). Under these conditions the proteins will bind to the column while salts and other contaminants are removed in the flowthrough. The bound proteins are then washed to remove any remaining impurities (WASH). Lastly, the clean proteins are eluted into a small volume of the provided Elution Buffer or into other optional elution buffers (user-provided) (ELUTE). Please see the procedure flowchart to the right.
One major advantage to this kit is there is no molecular weight cut-off, unlike products from other vendors. A broad size range of proteins, from peptides to antibodies can be processed. Salts such as MgCl2, NaCl, KCl, CaCl2, LiCl, and CsCl have poor affinities for Norgen’s proprietary resin and are easily removed from the sample. Another advantage over other vendor products is that the ProteoSpinTM CBED Micro Kit concentrates, removes salts and offers buffer exchange at the same time, whereas other products including dialysis do these processes as separate procedures. The ProteoSpinTM CBED Micro Kit therefore saves considerable time and expense.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Fast processing time - Process 4 samples in only 20 minutes, compared to other lengthy concentrating and desalting methods.
- Efficient salt removal - Remove up to 99% of salts
- High protein recovery - Recover up to 99% of protein input
- No molecular weight cutoff - Based on an ion-exchange mechanism, a broad size range of proteins from peptides to antibodies can be processed
- Ready-to use columns - No column preparations required.
- No special storage conditions - All the kit components can be stored at room temperature
- No mixing or formulation - Solutions and protocols are provided for both acidic and basic proteins with no need for formulation.