Norgen’s PCR Purification Kit enables rapid purification of amplified DNA products from PCR mixes. The kit is able to purify amplified DNA ranging in size from 100 bp to 15,000 bp, and the typical purification yield is greater than 90% of the input amount. The kit removes all primers, dimers, enzymes, unincorporated nucleotides and mineral oil from the desired PCR product.
Purification is based on spin-column chromatography. Briefly, the PCR product is first mixed with the provided Binding Solution, and the DNA is then bound to Norgen's column (BIND). Under these conditions only the DNA will bind to Norgen's column while the primers, dimers and other contaminants are removed in the flowthrough. The bound DNA is then washed to remove any remaining impurities (WASH). Lastly, the purified PCR product is eluted into 30 - 50 µL of the provided Elution Buffer or water (ELUTE). Please see the procedure flowchart to the right.
The kit is also available in a 96-well format for high-throughput PCR purification. Purification with the 96-well plate can be performed using either a vacuum manifold or centrifugation.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Fast and easy processing - Rapid spin-column format processes 10 samples in 15 minutes, while a 96-well plate can be processed in 20 minutes.
- Purification from all PCR by-products - Remove all primer-dimers, primers, mineral oil, unicorporated nucleotides, enzymes and salts.
- High recovery - Recovery of greater than 90% of input amount.
- Can be used as an alternative to organic extraction and ethanol precipitation - This kit can also be used to clean-up various enzymatic reactions including digestions and Klenow reactions.
- Recovered DNA is suitable for downstream applications - Purified DNA is fully compatible with restriction digestions, ligations, labeling, PCR, and sequencing.