Norgen’s Total RNA Purification Maxi Kit provides a rapid method for the isolation and purification of total RNA from cultured animal cells, tissue samples, blood, bacteria, yeast, fungi, plants and viruses. The kit purifies all sizes of RNA, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA), without the use of phenol or chloroform. Norgen's kit is the only kit on the market that isolates true total RNA, as other kits must use phenol to recover all sizes of RNA. Therefore Norgen's kit offers significant advantages in functionality, savings on cost, ease-of-use, no hazardous organic waste, and no inhibitory effect on PCR amplifications as a result of residual phenol. With this kit both miRNA and mRNA can be studied from the same sample without further purifications, thus offering considerable advantages when comparing and relating expression of miRNA to other RNA.
Purification is based on spin column chromatography using Norgen’s proprietary resin as the separation matrix. Briefly, the cells or tissue of interest are first lysed using the provided Lysis Solution, ethanol is added and the RNA is bound to Norgen's maxi column (BIND). Under these conditions only the RNA will bind to Norgen's resin while most of the contaminating cellular proteins are removed in the flowthrough or retained on top of the resin. The bound RNA is then washed to remove any remaining impurities (WASH). Lastly, the purified total RNA is eluted into 2 mL of the provided Elution Buffer or water (ELUTE). Please see procedure flowchart to the right.
Norgen’s proprietary resin provides superior affinity to the full size range of RNA molecules, resulting in large and small RNA (miRNA) purification with better linearity and sensitivity. The purified RNA is of the highest integrity, and can be used in a number of downstream applications including real time RT-PCR, RT-PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, expression profiling, miRNA cloning and amplification and Next Generation Sequencing
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Isolate a diversity of RNA species - All RNA species can be isolated, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA)
- Fast and easy processing - Rapid spin-column format allows for the processing of 4 samples in under 40 minutes.
- No phenol:chloroform extractions – Total RNA is isolated without the use of harmful chemicals such as phenol or chloroform.
- Isolate total RNA from a wide variety of sources – Total RNA can be isolated from cultured animal cells, tissue samples, blood, bacteria, yeast, fungi, plants and viruses using this kit.
- Isolate inhibitor-free RNA suitable for downstream applications - Purified RNA can be used in a number of downstream applications including real-time PCR, reverse transcription PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, and expression array analysis requiring the use of intact RNA