Norgen’s Plant/Fungi DNA Isolation Kit provides a rapid method for the isolation and purification of total DNA from a wide range of plant and fungal species. Total DNA, including genomic DNA, mitochondrial DNA and chloroplast DNA can be purified from fresh or frozen plant tissues, plant cells or fungi samples using this kit.
Briefly, the cells are ground in the presence of liquid nitrogen, and Lysis Solution and RNase A are added. Next, the lysate is passed through a provided filter column and then the released DNA is bound to Norgen's column in the presence of Binding Solution (BIND). Under these conditions only the DNA will bind to the resin while most of the contaminating RNA and proteins are removed in the flowthrough. The bound DNA is then washed to remove any remaining impurities (WASH). Lastly, the purified DNA is eluted into 50-100 µL of the provided Elution Buffer or water (ELUTE). Please see the procedure flowchart to the right.
The purified DNA is of the highest integrity, and can be used in a number of downstream applications including real - time PCR, SNP, Southern blotting and sequencing.
Norgen's Plant/Fungi DNA Isolation Kit is also available in a 96-well format for high throughput applications. Purification with the 96-well plates can be performed using either a vacuum manifold or centrifugation.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Isolate DNA from a wide range of samples - DNA can be isolated from a wide range of plant and filamentous fungi samples.
- Isolate total DNA, including viral DNA - Purified DNA samples can be used for the detection of viral pathogens, as viral DNA is isolated with the plant/fungi DNA.
- Rapid and simple processing - Rapid spin-column format allows for the processing of multiple samples in 45 minutes, while the 96-well plates can be processed in 50 minutes
- High yield of DNA - High yields of purified DNA can be isolated with this kit.
- No phenol :chloroform extractions - DNA is isolated without the use of harmful chemicals such as phenol or chloroform. The DNA is of the highest quality and can be used in a number of downstream applications.
- 96-well format available - This kit is also available in a 96-well format for high throughput applications