Norgen’s Total RNA Purification 96-Well Kit provides a rapid method for the high-throughput isolation and purification of total RNA using a 96-well format in 30 minutes. The kit purifies all sizes of RNA, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA) without the use of inhibitory phenol or chloroform. Total RNA can be isolated from a broad range of sample sources including cultured cells, tissues, blood, serum, plasma, bacteria, yeast, fungi, plants and viruses. The kit is highly sensitive, as RNA can be isolated from as little as a single cell.
Purification is based on 96-well spin column chromatography using Norgen’s proprietary resin as the separation matrix. Purification can be performed on either a vacuum manifold or using centrifugation. Briefly, the cells or tissue of interest is first lysed using the provided Lysis Solution, ethanol is added and the RNA is bound to Norgen's 96-well filter plates (BIND). Under these conditions only the RNA will bind to Norgen's resin while most of the contaminating cellular proteins are removed in the flowthrough or retained on top of the resin. The bound RNA is then washed to remove any remaining impurities (WASH). Lastly, the purified total RNA is eluted into 75 µL of the provided Elution Buffer or water (ELUTE). Please see procedure flowchart to the right.
Norgen’s proprietary resin provides superior affinity to the full size range of RNA molecules, resulting in large and small RNA (miRNA) purification with excellent consistency and sensitivity. The purified RNA is of the highest integrity, and can be used in a number of downstream applications including real time PCR, reverse transcription PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, expression array assays, miRNA cloning and Next Generation Sequencing.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Isolate a diversity of RNA species - All RNA species can be isolated, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA)
- Isolate RNA from a wide range of samples - RNA can be isolated from cultured animal cells, small tissue samples, blood, plasma, serum, bacteria, yeast, fungi, plants and viruses
- No phenol:chloroform extractions - Total RNA, including all small RNA species, is isolated without the use of harmful chemicals such as phenol or chloroform
- Isolate RNA from very small samples - Total RNA has been isolated and detected from as little as a single animal cell
- Fast and easy processing - 96-well plates can be rapidly processed in 30 minutes using either a vacuum manifold or centrifugation format
- Recovered RNA is suitable for many downstream applications - Purified RNA can be used in a number of downstream applications including real-time PCR, reverse transcription PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, and expression array assays, miRNA cloning and Next Generation Sequencing