Norgen’s Yeast Genomic DNA Isolation Kit is designed for the rapid preparation of genomic DNA from a few cells up to 1 x 108 viable yeast cells (between 0.5 and 1 mL of culture). Purification is based on spin column chromatography using Norgen’s patented resin as the separation matrix.
Briefly, the yeast are pelleted and lysed, and the released genomic DNA is bound to Norgen's column in the presence of Binding Solution (BIND). Under these conditions only the genomic DNA will bind to Norgen's resin while most of the contaminating RNA and cellular proteinaceous components are removed in the flowthrough. The bound DNA is then washed to remove any remaining impurities (WASH). Lastly, the purified yeast genomic DNA is eluted into 100 - 200 µL of the provided Elution Buffer or water (ELUTE). Please see procedure flowchart to the right.
The Yeast Genomic DNA Isolation Kit allows for the isolation of genomic DNA from yeast and other cultured fungi. Typical purification yields will vary depending on the cell density of the yeast or fungal culture and species. Purified yeast genomic DNA can be used in a number of downstream applications including PCR and Southern blot analysis.
This kit is also available in a 96-well format for high throughput applications. Purification with the 96-well plates can be performed using either a vacuum manifold or centrifugation.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Fast and easy processing - Rapid spin-column format allows for the processing of multiple samples in 90 minutes, and the 96-well plates can also be processed in 90 minutes.
- High binding capacity of columns - The binding capacity of the columns in the Yeast Genomic DNA Isolation Kit is 25 µg.
- Isolate genomic DNA from yeast and other cultured fungus
- Recovered genomic DNA is suitable for downstream applications - Purified genomic DNA is fully compatible with restriction enzyme digestions, Southern Blot and PCR analysis.
- High quality DNA - No degradation of the genomic DNA isolated with the Yeast Genomic DNA Isolation Kit is observed.