If a COVID-19 Test is required for a medical procedure, it is the Donor's responsibility to check with their healthcare provider to ensure the saliva sample is collected within the required timeline.
Each Donor must meet the below eligibility criteria to submit biological samples for testing at Norgen Biotek.
- I confirm that I am not currently eligible for Molecular Testing for COVID-19 with the Ministry of Health (i.e. testing covered by OHIP) according to the most recent Ministry of Health guidelines.
- If this COVID-19 Diagnostic Test is being conducted as part of a program though my school, employer, health care professional or any other third party organization (pharmacy, clinic etc.), I hereby authorize Norgen Biotek to release my personal information, along with my COVID-19 test result, to the third party as listed above.
- I understand that my personal information, along with my COVID-19 test result, will be reported to the Ontario Provincial Government via OLIS (Ontario Laboratory Information System) as well as the regional health authority.
- I understand that if my test results are positive (+) for the SARS-CoV-2 virus, it is my responsibility to immediately self-isolate and follow the recommended provincial guidelines.
- I understand that an individual must be trained to supervise the saliva collection by reading the instructions and watching the instructional video on proper saliva collection.
- I understand that my saliva collection is to be performed by supervised self-collection.
- I understand that I cannot receive a TravelSafe test unless I have my identity verified by my passport in-person at Norgen Biotek or in-person at the company providing this testing service.
- I understand that Norgen Biotek or any other third party organization providing this test is not acting as my medical provider, and this COVID-19 test does not replace treatment by my medical provider. I assume full responsibility to take appropriate action with regards to my test results. I agree that I will seek medical advice, care, or treatment from my medical provider if I have questions or concerns, or if my condition worsens.
For more information about eligibility requirements please refer to the provided documentation from Ontario Ministry of Health
Unfortunately, you must contact your local health authorities for testing services. Norgen only offers asymptomatic testing at this time.
Unfortunately, Norgen only offers asymptomatic testing for Ontario at this time. Please check back in a few weeks as we expand our service.
Want to speak with an expert?
Norgen's product experts are always ready to help you with any concerns you may have. Simply reach out with a phone call or an email, and we'll be sure to get in touch as soon as possible!